Parent Letter - Other Languages
Please select the appropriate language by selecting Google Translate on the bottom right of this page
Dear Parents, The COVID-19 pandemic has brought about many changes to our daily lives, and as we all strive to adapt to the “new normal” the Southampton Town Parks Department remains committed to providing recreational opportunities to our youth. We are pleased to be able to offer a modified version of our Summer Fun Playground Program this year, with limited capacity, and new operating procedures. Your children’s safety and emotional well-being is, as always, our first priority. In accordance with the CDC and New York State, we have adopted the following guidelines:
- Camp will only be held at Red Creek Park in Hampton Bays. We will host (3) two-week sessions. Monday – Friday 9:00 AM -12:00 PM for Ages 7 -12 only (must turn 7 by December 31, 2020). Session 1: July 13 – July 24,2020 Session 2: July 27 –August 7, 2020 Session 3 – August 10 –August 21, 2020
- Camp is only for children residing in or attending school in Southampton Town.
- Each child can register for 1 session only. Each session will be capped at 50 campers.
- Must register in person at Red Creek Park, Hampton Bays on July 1, 2020 – 9:00AM – 2:00PM Social distancing rules will be in place, please wear a face covering and follow all signs and instruction of staff. Registrations will continue to be accepted until all spots are filled, additional names will then be collected to form a waiting list.
- Please bring the following: Proof of age (Birth certificate, passport) Proof of Residency, with Southampton Town address; No PO Boxes (Tax Bill, Driver’s License, Utility Bill from 12 months, 6 months and current) Payment by credit card or check are preferred (payable to: Town of Southampton), cash accepted if necessary. Cost $50.00 per child •
- There will be a staggered drop off and pick up times assigned to each camper upon registration. Please follow signs, cones and staff direction during sign in. Parents and campers must be wearing a face covering upon arrival.
- The Town will provide parents with Wellness-Self Assessment/Attestation Forms for each child that must be reviewed and signed each day. The forms must then be submitted to the Camp Director on the Friday at the end of each week. If your child is not feeling well, please keep him/her home.
- Campers are requested to wash their hands or use hand sanitizer upon entering the facilities.
- Campers and Staff will follow the social distancing rules of 6ft, and will wear face coverings when the appropriate distance cannot be followed.
- Campers are asked to come to camp already wearing sunscreen and dressed appropriately, and wearing sneakers or some type of closed shoe. Bring a back pack daily, clearly marked with their name and the following items:
Snack, Drink and/or water bottle
Hat and Sunscreen
Medications (clearly marked w/name and instructions, e.g inhaler, Epipen ...)
- Campers will be provided with a box of supplies for their personal use at camp. Equipment will be issued and sanitized by staff only.
- Please DO NOT bring personal items to the program as the Town of Southampton recreation staff cannot be held responsible or assume liability for lost, stolen or damaged property. •
- Bathroom use will be limited to one Camper at a time.
- Poor weather conditions may necessitate canceling the program for the day. In the event, a red flag will be displayed at the primary entrance to the park. If poor weather conditions should develop during the course of the program, parents will be contacted to pick up their child and the program will end for the day.
- If anyone other than yourself or any person that you have indicated on the registration form will be picking up your child/children from the program, written consent to this effect must be presented to the Program Director. If the director has not received such a note, your child / children will not be allowed to leave the program with an unauthorized person.
- Children will not be permitted to walk home without written consent. If your child/children will be walking home please indicate on the registration form.
- A child may not leave the program early, unless the Program Director receives written consent from the parent/guardian prior to the start of camp
- If your child does not adhere to these guidelines or if his/her behavior becomes unmanageable, the Program Director may ask that your child be removed from the program and you will be notified by staff to come and pick up your child.
We ask that you introduce these new rules to your children and to emphasize the importance of personal space and proper handwashing before the start of camp and continue to reinforce them throughout the remainder of summer. If you have any questions or concerns please call the Town of Southampton Parks and Recreation office at 631-728-8585
Please review the registration requirements found on our website www.southamptonrecreation.net